This Friday, June 23rd is Take Your Dog to Work Day, an annual tradition started in 1999 by Pet Sitters International to showcase the joy that dogs bring to our lives and to encourage pet adoption.
The Live Love Wag Team works alongside our pups every day and we can confirm that it definitely makes work more enjoyable! Be everyone’s favorite co-worker and suggest that your office participate! Well behaved pets best serve the purpose of the event, so make sure your dog is friendly towards humans and other dogs and bring his favorite toy or long lasting treat to keep him busy while you work. Of course you’ll want to make sure that your office is free from hazards and be mindful of co-workers with allergies.
If you can’t talk your boss into participating in Take Your Dog to Work Day, maybe she would be open to having a local rescue bring adoptable dogs in for a meet and greet or organizing a drive to arm local shelters with needed supplies.
Here are some ways to turn up the fun if your office does participate:
1. Photo booth or photo contest
2. Canine employee of the day contest for the best behaved pup
3. Picnic lunch outside for team building and butt sniffing
4. Make it last all week by allowing smaller groups of employees to bring their dog each day so there’s not so many in one day.
5. Pay to participate by donating to a pet charity if you want to bring your pup
We want to see photos of all the fun on Take Your Dog to Work Day! Please share photos of you and your canine intern using the hashtag #LiveLoveWagWork
Written by JEN LARSEN BROWN of the Live Love Wag Team